By: Spencer Miller (Macro Chef)
These cookie butter protein bars are a delicious combination of a cookie butter peanut layer on the bottom, and then topped with a protein chocolate topping!
Salted Carmel Protein Layer
- 2 scoops XTEND PRO Cookie Butter
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or rolled)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops XTEND PRO Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted caramel sauce for drizzling over the top (sugar-free or regular)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add all salted caramel protein layer ingredients to a powerful blender or food processor. Process until a thick dough forms. It will be slightly sticky due to the protein powder.
- Press dough into a protein/granola bar pan. If you don’t have one, you can press into any small square dish/pan and cut them into bars later.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350F. Once baked, place in fridge/freezer to chill while making the chocolate layer.
- Add all chocolate layer ingredients to a small bowl. Mix until a smooth, thick chocolate sauce forms. Pour evenly over top of chilled salted caramel layer.
- Place in fridge/freezer again for about 5 minutes to let chocolate layer set. Once set, drizzle with some salted caramel and enjoy!