By: Spencer Miller (Macro Chef)
These cookie butter protein bars are a delicious combination of a cookie butter peanut layer on the bottom, and then topped with a protein chocolate topping! These bars are made with a base of XTEND protein powder, oats, and almond milk, creating a soft and chewy texture that is packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Their delicious and indulgent flavor will satisfy your cravings without derailing your healthy eating habits. Best of all, these bars are easy to make and can be customized to your liking with your favorite mix-ins or toppings. So, grab your mixing bowl and get ready to enjoy a delicious and nutritious snack that will support your fitness goals and keep you fueled throughout the day!
Salted Carmel Protein Layer
- 2 scoops XTEND PRO Cookie Butter
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or rolled)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops XTEND PRO Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted caramel sauce for drizzling over the top (sugar-free or regular)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add all salted caramel protein layer ingredients to a powerful blender or food processor. Process until a thick dough forms. It will be slightly sticky due to the protein powder.
- Press dough into a protein/granola bar pan. If you don’t have one, you can press into any small square dish/pan and cut them into bars later.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350F. Once baked, place in fridge/freezer to chill while making the chocolate layer.
- Add all chocolate layer ingredients to a small bowl. Mix until a smooth, thick chocolate sauce forms. Pour evenly over top of chilled salted caramel layer.
- Place in fridge/freezer again for about 5 minutes to let chocolate layer set. Once set, drizzle with some salted caramel and enjoy!