By Spencer Miller, The MacroChef
Nothing says holiday season like seasonal coffees. We upped the ante with our recipe by not only making a seasonal drink but making it high protein too, thanks to the added XTEND Pro. This protein peppermint mocha is going to be your new go-to coffee this holiday season.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee*
- 1 scoop (32g) XTEND Pro, Chocolate Lava Cake
- ½ cup milk (any milk is fine; nutrition is for using almond milk)
- ½ candy cane (for peppermint flavor in the latte)
- ¼ cup Whipped cream (for topping)
- Candy cane for topping
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips (for topping, optional)
*If you want an ice mocha, use a chilled coffee or cold brew and pour the recipe over ice.
- Add brewed coffee, XTEND Pro, milk, and ½ candy cane to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. You want to make sure the candy cane is fully blended up for the peppermint flavor and no chunks.
- Pour into a large glass or mug. Top with whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and another candy cane if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition (latte only): 160 calories, 25 protein, 12 carbs, 2 fat
Nutrition (with toppings): 225 calories, 26 protein, 18 carbs, 5 fat