by Jacquelyn, "ThatLittleBuffChef"
I use XTEND® Pro for this recipe, it's the best mixing protein for recipes.
I'm still shocked at how easy this recipe was and how good it turned out.
The fat was seriously cut from this recipe by replacing the oil and a good amount of whole eggs for liquid and egg whites. The remaining oil in the recipe is "as prepared" to keep it moist.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 1 box Swerve vanilla cake mix
- A dash of Pie Spice blend (cinnamon, allspice, or nutmeg would also work)
- 1/2 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 oz chopped roasted mix nuts of your choice
- 1 whole egg plus 1/4 cups of liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp unpacked brown sugar stevia blend
- 1 splash of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt (don't skip this, it creates balance)
- 1-2 tbsp lite whip topping (optional)
I say cheesecake because this recipe can be adjusted to be made into a no-bake cheesecake or it can be used how it is in this recipe, as an icing. The amount of Cool Whip and almond milk that you use in this recipe will determine the thickness.
Protein Cheesecake Icing Ingredients
- 1 scoop XTEND® Pro Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional, but it gives it a more authentic cheesecake taste)
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt (optional, but it gives it a more authentic cheesecake taste)
- 1/3-1/2 container lite cool whip topping
- 1/3-1 cup of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Use a hand mixer with a beater attachment to blend until fluffy. For more of an icing consistency, use less almond milk and mix, then fold in the whip topping a little at a time until it's the consistency that you want.
Featuring 25g of Whey Isolate and 7g total BCAAs per serving, XTEND Pro takes muscle repair and recovery to the next level. With delicious gluten-free flavors, and two third-party certifications, it's no wonder that XTEND Pro is the protein choice of champions!
"Jacquelyn began lifting in H.S. as a nerd, tired of being picked on. After not knowing "what she wanted to be when she grew up", she went on to Culinary School only later to find she had a passion for fitness and health. After 10+ years, she returned as a bikini competitor. She is currently pursuing a Master's in Clinical Nutrition focusing on helping female athletes and competitors navigate all things behavioral, health, hormones, and fitness. She feels our relationship with food is one of the most important but also refuses to put food on a pedestal. She loves food but is also anti diet-camp as a “Dietary Agnostic” viewing every meal as a chance to change your life one decision at a time. Jacquelyn hopes to help others ditch the diet fatigue and replace it with empowerment and know-how, all while having fun, pursuing her goal of being an IFBB Bikini Pro, Nutritionist, and of course, carry on as "That Little Buff Chef".