by Spencer Miller, "The Macro Chef"
These protein oatmeal bars are delicious and easy to make. You'll be reaching for these anytime you're craving an energy pick-me up that packs some protein.
- 3 cups (240g) quick oats
- 3 scoops (99g) Cellucor® COR-Performance Whey Whipped Vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (240g) mashed banana
- ½ cup (120g) liquid egg whites
- 1 cup (240mL) sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120g) chocolate chips
*Regular maple syrup, honey, or agave can be substituted for sugar free maple syrup, but will increase calories / sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl add oats, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed banana, egg whites, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into batter. Spray a 9x9 square baking pan with nonstick spray and line with foil or parchment paper. Pour batter into the pan. Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- Once baked, let completely cool then cut into 12 bars and enjoy!
Yield: 9 bars
Nutrition: 175 calories, 11 protein, 25 carbs, 4 fat, 4 fiber, 9 sugar