By: Spencer Miller (Macro Chef)
Delicious, fluffy and protein-packed chocolate baked donuts topped with a decadent dark chocolate glaze.
*You can also use canola oil, or another less strong-tasting oil.
**Truvia baking blend is a stevia/sugar mixture. It has 1/2 the sugar of regular granulated sugar, but it is sweeter, so you don’t have to use as much. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If you can’t find it, you can use 1/4 cup regular granulated sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Add flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, add egg, Greek yogurt, Truvia, milk, and olive oil. Mix well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
3. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into a piping bag or large ziplock bag. Cut off the end and pipe the batter into 6 spots in the donut pan.
4. Bake at 325F. for 6-7 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. It is better to under-bake them a little so that they do not dry out.
5. Once cooked, let completely cool. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Dip each donut into the melted dark chocolate.
6. Top with sprinkles if desired. They are also delicious with a bit of sea salt on top as well!