By: Spencer Miller (MacroChef)
A delicious spin on the classic PB&J using cookie butter instead of peanut butter to make an amazing protein mug cake sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! This mug cake is the perfect way to indulge in a sweet treat without sacrificing your healthy eating habits. The combination of cookie butter and jelly creates a deliciously sweet and savory flavor that will have you reaching for seconds. Best of all, this recipe is super simple to make and can be whipped up in just a few minutes. So, grab your favorite mug and get ready to enjoy a guilt-free treat that is both delicious and nutritious!
- 1/3 cup oats (old fashioned or quick)*
- 1 scoop XTEND PRO Cookie Butter flavored protein powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cookie butter (melted to make it easier to drizzle)
- 1 tbsp raspberry jam (or flavor of choice)
- 1-2 crushed Biscoff cookies (optional)
*You can also just use 1/4 cup pre-ground oat flour, or whole wheat flour.
- Add all mug cake ingredients to a blender. Blend until a smooth batter is formed. Alternatively, you can grind the oats into a flour first, then mix in a bowl like you would any other batter.
- Spray a large, microwave safe mug with nonstick spray. Pour batter into mug. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Continue to microwave for 15 second intervals until done. It is best to leave it a little underdone to keep from drying out. Mine was done after about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Once cooked, drizzle melted cookie butter over the mug cake. Top with jam, crushed cookies, and enjoy!