By Spencer Miller, The MacroChef
Moist chocolatey and dense, these donuts will be your favorite sweet treat. Best of all these homemade donuts are baked and loaded with XTEND Pro, so their macronutrient profile is leaner than your average donut.
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop (36g) XTEND Pro Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp (14g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (50g) Swerve granular sweetener*
- ½ cup (120g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (60g) dark chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tbsp (45mL) unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
Notes: *Swerve is a sugar free granular sweetener that tastes, measures and bakes like sugar. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores or online.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: flour, XTEND Pro, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, salt, and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients: Greek yogurt, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray your 12-spot donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add batter to a large plastic bag or piping bag. Cut off the tip. Use a bag to pipe batter into each spot in the donut pan. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. Check at 8 minutes. You don’t want to over-bake them or they will dry out.
- Once baked, let donuts cool while you make the chocolate ganache. For the ganache, add almond milk to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 90 seconds or until almost boiling. Pour over top of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Dip each cooled donut into the chocolate ganache and enjoy!
Yield: 12 donuts. Nutrition (without chocolate ganache): 50 calories, 5 protein, 6 carbs, 1 fat. Nutrition (with chocolate ganache): 80 calories, 5 protein, 9 carbs, 2 fat.