By: Erin Palmer (Peanut Butter and Fitness)
Craving chocolate peanut butter cups? How about cheesecake?
If the answer is yes to both, we've got a protein-packed dessert that will fuel your muscles and feed your inner dessert junkie.
Follow this simple and delicious recipe to reward your hard work in the gym.
Yield: Four 8 oz cups
Nutrition Per Cheesecake Cup: 231 cals / 24 g protein / 5 g fat / 23 g carbs
- 1 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Cellucor Chocolate Casein
- 1 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp low sodium, low sugar peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow Whey
- 3 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add Nutter Butter cookies to a bag or food processor and crush until cookies are broken down into crumbs. Add to bottom of 4 serving cups, saving some to sprinkle on top.
- Combine vanilla Greek yogurt, plain Greek yogurt, cream cheese, casein powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until well-combined and smooth. Transfer cheesecake mix into a piping bag and pipe on top of crust. Fill serving cup about halfway with cheesecake mix, then set aside.
- Whisk together peanut butter layer ingredients. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe a layer on top of cheesecake mix.
- Top peanut butter layer with remaining chocolate cheesecake mix.
- If desired, make chocolate ganache topping by heating almond milk for 15-20 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool in refrigerator for 3-5 minutes, then spoon on top of cheesecakes. Top with reserved cookie crumbs.