By: Spencer Miller (MacroChef)
Fluffy vanilla protein waffles filled with fresh blueberries and topped with vanilla protein cream, blueberries, slivered almonds, and a drizzle of almond butter.
- 1/2 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)*
- 2 scoops XTEND Pro Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 scoop XTEND Pro Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder
1 tbsp almond butter, melted
2 tbsp fresh blueberries
1/2 tbsp slivered almonds
*This is roughly 1/3 cup oat flour. You could also use whole wheat flour/white flour.
**These waffles can be stored in the freezer for up to a month to take out and toast for a quick and easy breakfast/snack.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat. Add oats and remaining waffle ingredients to a blender, except for blueberries. Blend until a smooth batter forms. Be careful not to blend too much.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour batter into waffle iron. The batter should make 5 waffles total. Cook until golden brown, or for about 4-5 minutes.
- For topping, mix Greek yogurt and vanilla protein powder to make a vanilla cream frosting on top. Drizzle with melted almond butter, blueberries, and slivered almonds.