What better way to start a new year (and new decade) than a workout geared toward multiple muscle groups? Try this workout to challenge two body parts per exercise, combining compound exercises with isolated movements to create the ultimate supersets.
NY NY Workout
1) Romanian Deadlifts 3 sets of 8 reps (each leg), immediately followed by Single Leg Barbell Glute Bridges 3 set of 12 reps (each leg)
2) Dumbbell Lunges 3 sets of 8 reps (each leg), immediately followed by Cable Kickbacks 3 sets of 10 reps (each leg)
3) Hack Squats 3 sets of 10 reps, immediately followed by Abductor Machine 3 sets of 15 reps
4) Assisted Pull-ups 3 sets of 10 reps, immediately followed by Wide-Grip Pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
5) Dumbbell Row 3 sets of 12 reps, immediately followed by Cable Pullover 3 sets of 10 reps
Follow this routine with 10-15 minutes of high intensity interval training on an elliptical, bike, or treadmill, alternating between 15 seconds of intense work and 45 seconds at a steady recovery pace.
Incorporate XTEND Original into your workouts for hydration and recovery benefits, sipping before, during, and after your workout.