(Photo: Preston Smith @prestonsmithphotography)
You asked, Brooke Wells answered! Check out this first round of Q&As with our newest member of the Team Cellucor family. Look out for part two of her Q&A coming soon! Follow Brooke Wells as she prepares for the CrossFit Games in August!
1. What does your meal plan look like? @dcutt
2. What's your favorite cheat day meal? @sir_007
I would say either pizza or Mexican food! For dessert, ice cream!
3. There are so many supplement manufacturers out there - Why Cellucor? @motionislife
The first thing that attracted me to Cellucor were the people! They are so genuinely sweet. But of course, the supplements are very important too! They have the highest quality products and sell all the products that I use on a day-to-day basis. I truly believe in their products to help me pour everything into my training.
4. What are your favorite supplements? @schwiet4you
I use the COR-Performance Whey Protein, Alpha Amino BCAAs, Fish Oil & COR-Performance Casein protein every single day. I can't pick a favorite, they are all equally important!! But I can pick a protein flavor for you that's my favorite..... Peanut Butter Marshmallow!
5. How do you determine when to take a rest day? Do you have a strict schedule or do you go off of how your body is feeling that day? Thank you and good luck at regionals! @thelastimeraj
I take an "active recovery" day every Thursday which includes about 45 minutes of swimming. Then I fully rest every Sunday. It doesn't necessarily depend on how sore I am, sometimes I work through that or revise programming.
6. What is your number one key to consistent recovery? @kristophercole
The keys to recovery are definitely sleep & nutrition! But also, other things like stretching, foam rolling, using a stem cell simulator, etc. can contribute a lot also! I always make sure to hit my macronutrients and get at least 8 hours of sleep every day.
7. How do you balance being a student and training? @maxphommaly
It definitely keeps me busy! I planned my class schedule for the mornings, so all my classes are before noon. Then I have the rest of the day to focus on training. I do my homework at night.
8. What’s your favorite type of music? @hgomez100
I actually like pretty much whatever is new. I keep up with the "Top 100" charts a lot & find my favorite songs there! But I listen to "Chainsmokers" Pandora or a rap playlist in the gym. When I'm not in the gym, I love hip-hop, pop & country!
9. Good afternoon from Icemens CrossFit @ Eielson AFB, Alaska. You look impressively strong this year! I'm wondering what improvements to your training you have made to improve on your long game for some of the endurance/pacing WODs you will see at regionals and the games. It is only a matter of time before you are standing on top at the CrossFit Games. Your fan Jonathan. @yeah_lets_try_that
Thank you, Jonathan! This year I have been lucky enough to work with a new coach, Ben Bergeron. He has really, really helped my aerobic base. I have also been working with a new nutritionist who has helped me lean out & be ready for the long events at the Games! Lots and lots of hours in the gym!!
10. What’s your spirit animal? @lukadams
About Brooke Wells
A two-time individual CrossFit Games athlete, Brooke Wells won the 2015 Central Regional at age 19 in her first appearance. A year later, she took third in her region, but vaulted to the top of the Games with six top-five finishes and one event win.
A senior at University of Missouri, Wells is on track to graduate with a degree in business and plans to continue competiting in CrossFit in the future.