This flavorful festive soup is a great addition to the holiday table. It’s full of the comforting spices that make us all love this season, plus the good benefits of the turmeric, ginger and garlic to ward off colds! And it's vegan friendly!!
ROASTING THE PUMPKIN
- Preheat the oven to 450 (Fahrenheit), peel and cube the pumpkin. Place it on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Chop the onion and garlic, using olive oil, sauté in a large pot until fragrant. Add the spices (minus the salt and pepper) and continue to sauté, adding more oil if necessary.
- In the pot, start to add the stock, and the roasted pumpkin. Allow the stock and vegetables to come to a low simmer.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender. Transferring the ingredients to the blender, blend until smooth - make sure to hold onto the lid to limit the hot ingredients escaping.
- Once all the soup is blended smooth, add the maple syrup, milk alternative and salt and pepper to taste. Allow soup to warm to a simmer, and serve!