With fall well underway in the northern hemisphere, if we aren’t feeling the temperatures plunge, we’re continually reminded of its arrival by all things "Pumpkin Spice" hitting the menus.
This is a spin on one of my weekend essentials, but done up with everything nice. Queue the light fluffy cakes with a mouthwatering maple, pumpkin cream cheese topping. These pictured above were done with a gluten free oat and a vegan cream cheese. If your diet allows gluten or milk ingredients feel free to use whatever oats fit your requirements and sub the vegan cream cheese with a low fat one.
1/4 Cup Gluten Free Oats
1/4 Cup Egg Whites
1/2 Can Pumpkin Purée (small can)
1/4tsp Ground Cloves
1/4tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Container of Vegan Cream Cheese (Or low fat depending on dietary restrictions)
1TBSP Maple Syrup
3TBSP Pumpkin Purée
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.
- Move the pancake batter to another container to make room for the topping to be blended.
- Add all the topping ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat, use cooking oil/spray sparingly.
- Cook the pancakes, allowing bubbles to form on the top before flipping. Keep an eye on the heat being used while cooking, as the pan will continue to warm up and may start to burn your pancakes.
- Plate the pancakes, add desired amount of cream cheese topping and any other topping you may want to indulge in.