Are you an early riser who likes to workout while everyone else is asleep? Congrats–you know how to start the day off right.
Although you have an edge over those who choose to workout later in the day, your biggest challenge in the morning is time. You likely only have 1-2 hours to get ready for the gym, eat, take your pre-workout, head to the gym, sweat it out, and then get ready for work.
In a race against the clock, you may choose to save time by skipping your pre-workout meal. Don't. There's no need to have a full-blown breakfast, but you shouldn't head into your workout hungry. Instead, focus on the following tips for fast, efficient pre-workout snacks for your AM sweat session.
Because you don't have a lot of time to digest a heavy breakfast, keep the focus on protein and simple carbs to help fuel your workout.
5-Minute Pre-Workout Protein-Packed Snack Ideas
- Protein Shake: Cellucor COR-Performance Whey (1 scoop) mixed with water. Banana on the side.
- Protein Yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt with a scoop of COR-Performance Whey. Top it with some berries or sliced banana.
- Protein Smoothie: In a blender, add 1 scoop of COR-Performance Whey, fruit, a handful of ice cubes. Throw in some uncooked oats for extra energy (1/2 cup or less), blend up, drink and enjoy!
- Proats: ½ cup quick oats cooked, add a scoop of COR-Performance Whey!
- Protein Bar: If you're in a serious hurry, save time and grab a FitJoy bar!
All of these snacks take under 5 minutes to prepare, most of them even under 2-3 minutes.
Don't Forget to Hydrate
Rehydrating after a night’s sleep allows for a more efficient and energetic workout at the gym. Have a glass of water immediately upon waking up, then another 2-3 glasses before you head out the door.
Enjoy and go crush your workout!