Sometimes the idea of heating the oven, getting out pots and pans and whipping up a meal can seem overwhelming.
Fortunately, you can still enjoy healthy and delicious foods with minimal cooking…and without unnecessary stress in the kitchen.
Here are three tasty recipes that are easy and quick to make – so you can get on with the other things, like training for your goals.
Tropical Overnight Oats
When you wake up in the morning, it’s natural to crave something a little sweet. This recipe will fulfill those urges while offering a solid protein fix to support your fitness goals.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup coconut milk/water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ banana, chopped
- ½ cup mango
- ½ unsweetened coconut
- 20g whey protein
Simply mix the ingredients in a bowl or jar in the evening and let them sit in your fridge overnight for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast you can eat anywhere.
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 5oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4oz coffee
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor (starting with the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients), and blend until smooth.
- Preheat a frying pan on a medium heat and coat the pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour your mix in and cook each side of your pancake for around 2-3 minutes.
Coconut Protein Crispy Treats
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal (or brown rice cereal)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 7oz marshmallow cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Line a baking pan with wax paper.
- In a saucepan set to a medium heat, melt marshmallow cream and coconut oil. Once combined, add all other treat ingredients.
- Remove from heat and press into lined baking pan.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour. Remove, cut into squares and enjoy.