Let’s face it – every now and then we get a hankering for something sweet. For me, it’s especially high after a workout!
But regardless of “when” that moment is for you, when it comes you’re looking for something quick & easy to satisfy that sweet tooth before heading to the nearest convenience store and buying the first candy bar or cupcake you see…or maybe that’s just me. In any case, here are 10-minute protein Rice Krispy Treats to satisfy your sweet cravings.
In any case, here are 10-minute protein Rice Krispy Treats to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Ingredients for 15 “golf ball” sized treats:
- 3 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla isolate protein powder (I used Cellucor COR-Performance Whey)
- 2/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter or choice of natural nut butter)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional, recommended)
- In a ceramic or glass bowl, mix together honey and almond butter. Ensure that both have melted completely so they can easily mix together. To help, you can toss this in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add cinnamon and protein powder and mix together using a spatula.
- Then add 1 cup of brown rice cereal at a time and fold in the cereal.
- Spread mixture in a shallow baking dish (about 8×8) or use silicone ice molds for individual portion control.
- Store the treats in the fridge and slice (or pop out of the ice molds) when you’re ready to eat them. It’s best to let these “harden” in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before enjoying. These are tasty so practice self-control!
Approximate macros for 1 of 15 treats:
136 calories, 5g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 6g fat, 2g fiber, 10g sugar.
Remember to ALWAYS practice portion control when it comes to sweets. This is to satisfy your sweet craving, NOT to satisfy hunger. If you haven’t eaten, always reach for a balanced healthy meal. These treats can be enjoyed after or between meals in moderation. Enjoy!
About Kevin Curry (FitMenCook)
My message is simple: “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
FitMenCook is about all of us, both men and women. It’s taking our individual success stories and fitness and nutrition philosophies and sharing those ideas with the each other to grow and improve together. It’s all about everyday people—no matter the fitness level or athletic ability—aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating.
Hard work and remaining active are vital; but in the end, it all comes down to diet.